Wow, it feels like so long since I last wrote one of these posts. This past month has definitely been very busy. I haven’t had much time to read, or write any blog posts for that matter either. That’s mainly because I’ve been spending my time working on an exciting new project that I’ll be announcing soon. 😉 But that also means I only read five books this month because it’s been hard to find any time to read. I’m hoping I’ll be able to read more next month because I have a week off of school.
what I read
- A List of Cages by Robin Roe – 5/5
- The Dark Days Club by Alison Goodman – 5/5 (reread)
- Lusus Naturae: A Lord Carlston Story by Alison Goodman – 3/5 (novella)
- Wayfarer by Alexandra Bracken – 4/5 stars
- Wintersong by S. Jae Jones – 3/5
what I bought
- Wayfarer by Alexandra Bracken
- Windwitch by Susan Dennard
- A Darker Shade of Magic by VE Schwab
- Crystal Storm by Morgan Rhodes (these four books were bought in December but I did not receive them until January)
- Frozen Tides by Morgan Rhodes
- Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery
what I wrote
- Let’s Talk Setting New Year’s Reading Goals
- Books I Really Want to Read in 2017
- Ten Things I Love
- Should We Count Novellas Towards Our Reading Goals?
what I did
So, as you can see, I kind of took a blogging break for the second half of January. That’s because I’m working on a very exciting project I will be announcing next week! You can follow me on Instagram for sneak peaks.
I had an amazing month though. My birthday was on January 10th and I attended one of Alexandra Bracken and Susan Dennard’s signings right around then. They are both such kind and amazing authors, I loved getting to meet them!
I fell in love with bookish candles this past month. In fact, I was actually chosen as a rep for two candle companies on Instagram! How exciting is that? I also finally watched the She Loves Me 2016 Broadway Cast livestream and I LOVED it! There is so much you miss from listening to the album and not actually seeing the show. I will definitely be watching that one again.
Overall, January was a great month 🙂 I feel like not a whole lot really happened. And I really want to tell you all about the surprise but I won’t do it. Just you wait (Hamilton?) . I didn’t read, or write much for that matter either, but I have a week off of school this month, so I’ll be spending a lot of time reading then.
What did you read in January? What was the highlight of the month for you?